Desktop Support Technician
Location: Hanover, MD 21076
Employment Type: Full Time, Employee
The candidate will provide phone and in-person support to users in the areas of e-mail, malware remediation, standard Windows OS/desktop applications, and commercial and custom applications. He or she will serve as the initial point of contact for troubleshooting hardware/software PC, and printer problems. To perform well in this position the person will need a high level of personal initiative capable of achieving objectives without direct supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Technical knowledge, including, but not limited to: Windows OS versions with extensive experience in Windows XP and Windows 7 in an AD Environment, Microsoft Office Suite, Remote Access Tools, web browsers.
- Configure and install new workstations with Windows XP and Windows 7 in an AD environment.
- Perform backups and restorations.
- Malware remediation.
- Setup and configuration of network devices (printers, scanners, etc.).
- Basic AD administration (create/modify/delete/unlock user accounts).
- Knowledge of Windows Server OS’s, Exchange, VMware, MSSQL Server, Terminal Services, TCP/IP, DHCP and DNS.
- Hardware troubleshooting experience with Dell desktops, servers and laptops.
- Wireless network configuration and set-up experience.
- Cable management including deployment and termination of CAT 5 and CAT 6 cables.
- Comfortable troubleshooting LAN/WAN (routers, switches, etc.).
- Support Remote users.
- 1+ years of experience in a desktop support environment including experience with hardware/software troubleshooting, server maintenance, and network security.
- Must be detailed-oriented, able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient, accurate manner within deadlines.
- Demonstrate strong customer service skills - as well as the ability to communicate professionally with a sense of urgency and empathy to the affected user.
- Must possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
Document and track all processes and actions taken in a clear and concise manner.
Contact Brian Leishear, Information Technology Manager
Phone: 410.850.0333 x128